Monday, August 17, 2015

Zach is back August 6th

We couldn't miss this homecoming.  Zach Blackwell served his mission in Leeds England.  He returned this evening and we wanted to be a part of it.  The sad part was that Reece had to work so he couldn't come with.
Nearly all the Blackwell family was in attendance at the Oakland airport
 Well done thou good and faithful servant!

 While at Grandmama's house I snagged a rare photo of these two sleeping soundly on the pull out bed together.

Saturday, the 8th, we went to the park for a family BBQ
 What a fun day.

 Sunday after Zach gave his homecoming talk, everyone came to Grandma and Grandpa's house for dinner and visiting.  These boy cousins were very involved in a game of feast or famine.  I think Eli won. 

 Out of  21 grandchildren, 2 have been on missions so far.
 Johanna and Zach Blackwell are such amazing examples to all those who will follow.  I love being part of a family where the cousins are so close to each other, and the parents of those cousins love unconditionally.  
Some thought I was crazy to drive 12 hours to go to a missionary homecoming. I call it worth the drive!  I want my children to feel of the Spirit that comes from being with family that strives to do what is right by following the commandments. 


No comments: