Sunday, August 30, 2015

Buddy the Elf and The Book of Mormon August 23rd

Did I miss something?  Is it December?
I asked the kids to get ready for bed, and this one, well the pictures can explain

  
I never complain about his zest for life, and his ability to make us smile.
When I looked to my left to see an elf reading scriptures with me, I only smiled and felt complete gratitude for the fact that we were reading.

Each day we try to find 15 minutes to sit down with the kids and read from the Book of Mormon.  The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ, and in fact serves as a companion to the bible.  We are able to teach these young people how to love and serve God, just by reading from the pages of this book.
I have a personal testimony of the truth that is found in the words written in this book.  I have read and reread the words many times.  Sometimes the words answer prayers, and other times the words serve as understanding of the Doctrines taught by God's prophets.  There are many books that offer incredible counsel and uplifting messages, but quoting the prophet Joseph Smith, "The Book of Mormon is the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion." And, "A man will get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts."
I love The Book of Mormon, and I love to read and learn from its words with my family.

1 comment:

Kolob Canyon Realtor said...

He reminds me of one of someone!