Sunday, October 5, 2008

WEDNESDAY: Chichin Iza, and Ek Balam

Well, well, well. What can I say. We started out the day with high hopes, and ended with a great time had. In between was a little crazy. As we started our trip we waited to fill up because we thought it would be cheaper if we didn't buy gas in Cancun. Not the best idea. We ran out of gas, and had to wait at the toll booths on the toll road for an hour and a half. The other bad news (for me) as we were sitting there I realized my camera was not charged, so I didn't get to take pictures all day. (except of here at the toll booths.)

These toll roads were very expensive. 300. pesos (or about 30 usd) each way! I thought the golden gate was costly. HA.
We all pitched pesos while waiting for the gas.

After receiving our gas we were off to Ek Balam. Once we arrived at Ek Balam we met Juan who gave us a tour of the ruins there. (very interesting, and Juan was very knowledgeable!) So we saw what there was to see, climbed a bunch of stairs, and then headed back to the van. We invited Juan to go to Chichen Iza with us, and he did. We learned a lot about the ruins and the old traditions of the Mayan culture. Maybe I will have some pictures later from my mom's camera.

No comments: