Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween with the Blackwell's

OK, so here's the run-down of the Blackwell's Halloween. First of all, my children could not decide what they wanted to be, so they were something different every outing. First on Thursday night, we went to Trunk or Treat with our friends the Crooks. Max was Mr. Incredible, and Isabel was Sleeping Beauty. Joseph was Tigger (he's not old enough to change his mind yet.)
Next is Halloween day, which is of course different then Halloween night. Halloween day consisted of playing at home (no school) going out to lunch with dad, and of course going to vote. I mean really...who doesn't go to vote on Halloween day??? So for this outing, Max was Dr. Blackwell, and Isabel was Elasta girl (that's the mom from Incredibles, and she borrowed Max's costume of course.)


I always love to dress up on Halloween, and this year I bought a new costume. We picked this beauty up off of Craigslist, and it was a hit. Last night I didn't have time to do my make-up, so to the Crooks' Trunk or Treat I was Tigger. Today I was evil all day long. That is... Snow White's evil queen, of course. It turned out pretty good, and Reece said I play the part really well. Whatever that means.
So finally the grand finale, and I don't have any close-ups of the kids. Max went with a Cowboy, and Isabel went with the purple princess. Joseph of course still stuck with the same cute tigger boy. We started at about 5:00 at the mall(boring) after that we went over to our church where they served a chili dinner, and had a little trick or treat. We skipped out of that pretty quick, and headed to our own neighborhood. Turns out our neighborhood is a pretty happening place for Trick or treat. The kids loved it, and they even got scared a few times. By the end of the night, I was holding both candy pails, and the kids were practically dragging themselves from house to house. When we got to our house, I asked the question "who had fun tonight?" Max answered right away saying that he did, and Isabel hesitated. So I asked her again, and she said "I only had a little bit fun." I asked her why only a little bit, and she said "My legs were getting a lot tired, and I couldn't walk faster any more." Now she is snug in bed, and tomorrow is a brand new day.

I did get a picture of the kids with their haul. Way more candy then I could ever imagine. Tomorrow we will go through the candy that the Halloween fairy doesn't take, and I'll eat all the good stuff.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

P.S. There are no pictures of Reece because he didn't dress up, but I promise he was there for all of it. Maybe next year I'll make him a costume he can't refuse. We'll see.

2 comments:

C.A.L.L.L.L. said...

I was really impressed by your costume. Can I trade you my Princess Leia costume for Evil Queen costume for next year?

ZAC said...

Jess, your costume is the best! My goal is recycle, recycle, use again and again. Anyway, I wish my kids had wanted to be different things. It would have made it more fun for me the 2 times we went somewhere dressed up!