July 16th
I love summer days when we can lounge around and do life.
I'm in the office nervously sitting at my dead tree, trying to figure out where to start. My homework is calling, and there's also my new cub scout training videos. What to do... I know, go and play with my kids.
The poor souls. They have been limited to 45 minutes a day of electronics, so they desperately seek ways to entertain themselves.
(I think they secretly love to read, but their mother doesn't ever let them.)
They love to play pretend games in which they tell each other exactly what to say and do. I love to listen as they banter back and forth, but not before doing exactly what the other has suggested as their role in the game. It's highly entertaining.
This day, I listened as Max and Joe sat waiting for their orders to be taken by this lovely waitress.
At the end of the day I realize I have not finished a single portion of homework. I have not watched a second of my assigned cub scout training videos, and I have failed to make dinner before heading to class. Somehow, I do not feel defeated. I have lived another day with my amazing children, and I have enjoyed watching them grow.



No comments:
Post a Comment