Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Good day and random thoughts

It's so nice to finally have couches, and I don't mind the little people sitting on the couches either.  I love when they sit and read together, it's so... peaceful.

After reading the children went outside to play with some neighborhood friends.  Isabel came inside and proceeded to ask me a question.
Iz: (standing next to her friend who is handling some coins.)Do you trust me?
Me: (very suspicious, and slightly hesitant) I do... mostly.
Iz: Oh good, can Kate and I ride down to the corner to buy some crepes?
I thought I was going to be asked to pitch in money for something crazy but it ended up being an innocent trip down to the corner.  I'm glad I went along because Isabel is a crazy driver!


This evening was the cub scout pack meeting.  We had awards for the boys, and then a swim party.  Families were invited so I got to snag some sweet photos of the kids in their element.  
Love these cute, crazy, kiddos!






Good times! Good day!

Random thought this day while walking: I was explaining to Juli my experience with learning to wake-board. I told her I had tried about 10-15 times without success, and then finally one of the girls yelling out suggestions said, "twist your hips while your getting up."  I said o.k.. I really was trying my hardest and appreciated any extra bit of advice.  The boat started to go, I held on tight, and started to twist my hips.  And what do you think happened then?  Right, I got up on the board, and stayed up. I couldn't believe that all I was missing was one simple instruction. 
My first ah-ha: Why didn't my friend tell me sooner.  If she would've told me the first time, my life would've been so much easier.  I related this to sharing the gospel.  Why do we wait to share?  Are we afraid the message won't be received well?  Are we nervous to step on toes?  If we are not sharing out of fear, let's get over that fear and embrace our faith in a generous Father who will help us if we are willing.
My second ah-ha: Sometimes we have to try things over and over again, with a continued desire to learn and do something right.  I could've given up on the wake-board, but I was determined and I continued to listen to the random advice that my friends were shouting out to me.  In life we need only listen for that still small voice that will tell us exactly what we need to hear.  I needed to hear my friend explain the simple procedure of twisting my hips.  In life, and more particularly in trials we need to keep going.  We need to take every bit of advice that comes our way, and wait for that exact bit that will help us get up on the board, and stay up.
Anyway, that was my random thought this morning.  I love how the Lord teaches me through my randomness :) 

No comments: