Wednesday, July 29, 2015
Another day in the sun.
Today we went out to Blackridge reservoir (near the point of the mountain,) with the Ehats. We sat in the sun, played in the water, created our own water slides at the park, and buried kids in the sand.
The most eventful part of this day happened to be when I couldn't find my Joseph. I asked Max where he was and he replied with, "one of the kids said he was swimming across the reservoir." I looked out across the water and could not believe what I was seeing. Joseph knows how to swim, but has never gone that far without stopping before. I was about to baywatch it into the water, and then realized that he was probably going to make it. I stood nervously watching as he got to the other side. He got out with the other boys (12 and 13) and ran back on a trail that curved around the border of the water. My heart stopped, and then broke. I was so nervous to know he might not make it, and then so overwhelmed with emotion when he did. My baby is growing up right before my eyes and there's nothing I can do about it. I guess I might as well try to enjoy it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment