So... it's been a while.
I was reading a talk by President Kimball yesterday that helped me remember the blessings that come from keeping a journal. This blog was the best way to keep track of my on-goings, so I'm going to get back at it. I'm not sure the frequency I'll have or the effort I'll put in, but I'm determined to do something.
This will be my life, and I'm going to apologize ahead of time for any and all uncomfortableness. (I make my own words sometimes too.) That's all. I'm gonna go ahead and start now.
1.Max gets to give his first talk in church on Sunday. Last week I asked him if he was ready, and he told me he had some ideas. I asked him to write them down, so that he would be ready and he said he would do it later. Last night I asked if he had written his talk, and he said no. I told him he wouldn't get to eat dinner unless he wrote at least a paragraph. He huffed a little but then went into the office and got to work. I was excited to see that he had grabbed his preach my gospel book.
I love to see my children learn and grow, and I love when I learn a few things from them along the way.
2.Reading scriptures last night as a family (Reece was helping someone move so he was not with us,) Joseph asked a few questions to clarify what we were talking about and he was spot on. I'm always afraid that boy is not listening, but so many times he proves me wrong. It feels so good when I'm wrong about some things
3.Got to lay out on the grass last night with Izzy and some good friends. It was sooooo nice outside. We talked, we laughed, and sometimes we just lay quiet enjoying the sound of the mosquitos buzzing by. I felt at peace, and understood the quote from Joseph Smith a little better: "Happiness is the object and design of our existence; and will be the end thereof, if we pursue the path that leads to it;" If heaven allows time for cloud watching, and enjoying the evening with friends, please let me stay on the path.
That is all for now.

No comments:
Post a Comment