Well , today was the day. Today I was released from my calling as the 2nd counselor in the R.S. I really appreciate the opportunity I was given to develop more talents. As we all know I am not a crafty person, and by serving as the "enrichment" counselor... well you would think that it should've helped. It didn't. I'm still a piece of craft in that dept. My 2 and a half years in this calling has definitely helped me mature, and I got to meet a lot of women who have inspired me. Below is a picture of Phoenix Lorcher, she is amazing! Since she was called as the president a few months ago I have really enjoyed her spirit, and will be sad to leave her. Phoenix has the most amazing grasp on the gospel, and it's not something she professes, it's something you can sense just by being around her.

In case you were wondering, yes I do have a new calling. Drum roll please...
Secretary of the primary. yay! I've never held a calling in the primary so this is a first for me. In fact being a convert to the church, I was only in primary for a part of a year. Crazy. My friend Stacey is the primary president, and she reassured me that there was nothing to worry about. We'll see about that. I must confess that I really enjoyed serving in the Relief Society, and will be sad not to be able to listen to the wonderful lessons each week. This gospel is wonderful, and I know that where ever I serve, I will be serving the lord. And that my friends.... is all she wrote!
1 comment:
Yeah for Primary.....We're excited to have you! You'll be great.
Post a Comment