Monday, November 3, 2008

Family night.

Monday nights we try to hold a regular family night. Tonight we talked about Moroni and his title of liberty. We told the children that he was very diligent in preserving the freedom of the people. They thought he was very "brave." I thought it would be fun for the kids to make their own "title of liberty," so we went at it.
We took out some material I had bought this week (for unmade costumes) and we let the kids "rent their coats." This was their favorite part. Next we wrote on it the title from Alma 46:12 "In memory of our God, our religion, and freedom, and our peace, our wives, and our children." We let the kids take turns writing letters. We tied the flag to a wooden sword that we have, then took turns waving the flag in the air. It was a great activity for the kids to help them really understand what Capt. Moroni did. (I had to take pictures because it was so cute!!!





Renting
their coats
(a red sheet)













Even little
Joseph tried
(well sucked
his thumb
at least.)











Wave
those
flags!





Liberty and Justice for all!!!



We really had a good time tonight, and I'm glad that Reece was home to be able to enjoy family time with us.

2 comments:

Chuckles said...

jess i got a blog its sharleywise.blogspot.com

ZAC said...

this is cool. right up your alley because you are the epitome of cool jess :)