Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Ragnar

One of my friends from basketball asked me if I would like to run in a Ragnar with them. They had just done one and so I decided it might be fun. The race was in for Vegas so I decided I was in! The race Started in Overton NV, and ended at the RedRock casino in Las Vegas. 195 miles in 2 days, what's not to love? Each team gets 12 people, some are mixed, some are all men, but we had all women. 2 vehicles, van 1 and van 2. We each have 3 legs, ran 1-12 and then start again. My legs totaled 14.5 mi. Not too bad right? Well, after my 2nd leg, my knees and feet were about to quit. My 3rd leg felt really "hard," I guess I just dug in and "pushed it out." Thanks to all the support from my team!
This is our (van 2's) transport vehicle. Our team name was: 2Legit 2Quit.

This is our team captian
and just like the french toast, she's "perfect!"

This shot was taken while one of the girls (Lisa) was running her leg
Cami, Marnie, Julie, Aubrey, and Me.
This was one of the upscale restrooms provided for our convenience along the way.

And here I am running one of my legs, I was smokin'!
Oh wait that's not me, here I am

At the end of the race there were medals, and pictures. We got a free room at the RedRock resort and casino. It was so nice, and we were all so ready to crash. Before we fell asleep, we went out to eat in our grubby smelly clothes, we were so hungry! Then we went home, showered and crashed. We slept for like 10 hours, and before we left we got one last photo by the pool.
(Aubrey was in charge of some cute little awards at the hotel, and I won the "most supportive." That's why I'm wearing my award in the photo. I loved it, and it matched my collar!)


Woohoo!!!!! We're done!

4 comments:

Buffy Dayton said...

LOVE IT!!! I especially love the first pic of you...you little a$$ just kidding. I also love the support one. You look like you had fun. I want to.

Ryan and Laura said...

I thought Vegas felt a little more holy for a few days :) Glad you ran it..maybe I will after baby #3...maybe. Hope you're doing well. Miss having you around!

The Zoo Keeper said...

Way to GO GIRL!!!! I want to be like you!!! Miss your face!

Kolob Canyon Realtor said...

You crazy maniac....