Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The never ending craft

I saw this on the Disney family website so I thought it would be fun for the kids. This was about 2 weeks ago. I started to collect items to complete this craft little by little. Isabel discovered the bag with the pillow cases, and asked "what are these for?" I made the mistake of telling her, and so they've been asking every day if we can make the ghosts. We planned to make them Monday night for family night. When I got the pillow cases out, I decided that they themselves would need to be altered for our chairs. So that was done Monday night. Tuesday night we wanted to cut out all the parts, but ended up not having enough time in the day. So...tonight was the night! We almost didn't make it. 8:18 p.m. the last bat was glued on, and we had just enough time left before bed to share a bowl of ice cream :) These kids are simply the best!

Start your engines
I hate cutting felt after this
Joe was so funny. He of course wanted to help, but there was really nothing he could do. I decided to let him cut some scrap pieces of felt, and he was in heaven
He was cracking up
Alright lets put these things together
Now for the display
ta-dah! Here they are
Cute huh?
Well another project completed with me not loosing my mind, or going crazy. YAY! This kind of thing is not really "My" kind of thing. I'm glad I learned how to cut and paste in school so we could make these cute chair covers.

2 comments:

Alisha and Braeden said...

Those are so cute!

Kolob Canyon Realtor said...

Jessie, Those are so cute, send the kids to my house, I want some... I love that kinda of stuff. Love MOM PS I especially love that you take the time to share, all those special times. That would otherwise be forgotten.