Thursday, January 21, 2010

Birthday fun???

Well, today started out great until about 10:30.
I took Max to school, and then Joe and Isabel and myself went out for breakfast.

YUM!

After breakfast I asked Isabel what she would like to do. She wanted Chuck E Cheese, so off we went. We were having lots of fun, and then this happened:
Joseph tripped. I turned around to look at him and he was holding his head as blood was gushing from his fingers. WOW.
That's all I really could say. I panicked, and ran into the bathroom with him trying to rinse the cut, and then someone got me some towel to put on the cut. As I applied pressure while running out to the van, a very nice lady rounded up the other kids and helped me get them in the car. Wow, again. Here's some pics

He fell asleep while we waited for the doctor. Poor buddy.
Uh, creepy picture. This is after the drug, his eyes stayed wide open, but his whole body was just stiff, and still. Really freaky for me.
Dr. Hooker, he was awesome!

After he came out of the anaesthesia, he was a little loopy, but very happy.
I really am glad that we have modern day medicine and the facilities to treat our innocent children. I really did not know what to do besides get him to the "doctors." Thank goodness for awesome friends who help when we loose our minds, and parents and friends who pray for everything to be fine. This is a first time for me (stiches), so hopefully I will be ready for the next time. (well, hopefully there won't be a next time. But if there is!)

I hope the rest of the day will run smoothly, and sweet princess Isabel will be able to enjoy her special birthday number 5.

4 comments:

Alisha and Braeden said...

Oh poor little guy! He is getting so big!

Washington Family said...

Ahhh! I am so sorry! This kind og thing HECKA makes me cringe!! I hope he heals okay! Or he'll have a pretty awesome scar!!

Casseron said...

How sad! But, thanks for documenting so well!! He will be glad that you have those photos!!

Kolob Canyon Realtor said...

My poor little girl, my poor little boy. Sorry you have to face this kind of hurt, too many times we don't realize what pain this kind of accident hurts the MOM. We love our children so much, any pain they have to endure is mulitplied in those who love them. Sometimes it is hard to realize, but it is all for our experience, it's what we do with those experiences, what we learn ..... Love MOM