Well one of my girl friends knows that I like to lay tile. So... she asked me if I would help her. I said of course, and we went to work on Friday. Friday we started by laying all the tile. (well almost all of it.) The tile needs to set overnight, so I left, and came back on Sat. Mavis and Stan were in town so Mavis offered to help. She graciously watched all 5 kids (hers and mine) so Reece could come help me finish up. First I finished a few tile cuts, and then I helped Reece finish up the grout. Wala! All finished. Our backs, legs, knees, and butts are sore, but we helped someone who needed us, so it's all worth it. Thank you C for letting us help out.
Here's the before picture:

Here's C hard at work

Here is the progress as of 11:00 Friday night

My sweet Maurice, hard at work

And here I am. Finished product.

Hopefully the floor will look nicer tomorrow after they do a mop over the whole thing. Thank you dad and mom for all the questions answered, and especially dad for teaching me a trade that has helped me help others. I am grateful for the talents I have and also for the support of my family.
Just another plug for Reece. He stayed home with the kids all day Friday, and well into the night. Reece...you da man! Love you.
2 comments:
Thanks a ton, Jessica! I think it looks great. I owe you free babysitting for life!
you guys are true ROCKSTARS!
Post a Comment