JOSEPH RICHARD BLACKWELL. "
1"

Here is my little Joseph all grown up. We ended up going to my parents house in New Harmony for different reasons, but no matter the reason we did celebrate! Reece and I both were sick, and upon going to the doctor (in Cedar) we found out that we had strep throat. Both of us felt terrible, but my mom and dad did a really good job of taking care of us. Actually they took care of the kids so that we could rest. Mom even volunteered to take Joe for the whole night...what a saint! Despite all the sickness, Jo-Jo had his cake and ate it too.
Here are some pictures:
On the first birthday it is tradition to let the birthday child dig into the cake. I didn't want to clean up a big mess so I cut Joseph his own personal piece and then let him dig in.


At first he was just touching and licking frosting, and then it was all over. He picked the whole piece up and went at it.


My little sweetie had such a great time at Grandma and Papa's. Thanks Mom and Dad. We love you. Joe got some awesome presents: lots of cute clothes, diapers, and his favorite...

a really noisy car that drives by itself for hours. Thanks Auntie Mavis.
As Joseph turns one he has:
-taken a few steps but his main mode of transportation: crawling.
-lots of beautiful brown hair (not as curly as Max but a little)
-learned to give kisses. Mostly to himself in the mirror.
-6 big ole teeth.
-
successfully stopped nursing
-when asked to say mama says: "pa-pa" (stinker)
-been a great sleeper
I'm sure there are many more interesting facts about Joseph, but I can't be bothered. I know I'm a slacker. Well just one more picture of the little darling. I love to watch this little boy drink his bottle. He loves it. It seems that he just can't drink his bottle with out sucking his thumb or finger. Always
try's to sneak it in there, funny boy.

We love you little Joe, and we hope you continue to grow and learn and bring us joy.
1 comment:
Such cute pictures! He is a beautiful little boy with an awesome head of hair and eye lashes. Happy Bithday Joseph!
Post a Comment