Monday, January 26, 2009

Catch up.

Just to get back up to speed I will post all of the past weeks events together. What happened was we went to New Harmony last weekend just for a little visit.
While in New Harmony with Mom and Dad we found out that Betty Keller had passed away ( Ralph and Betty Keller= missionary couple who baptized my Dad, my sister and me.) My dad was asked to speak at the funeral, and so we decided we would make the drive with them up to Bountiful. So we left the kids with dad and mom, and went back to Henderson to pack more clothes, get Isabel's bday presants, and take care of other business. Monday we headed back up to the folks house, and that afternoon, we all headed up to Bountiful, making a special visit to Los Hermanos on the way. It was a nice drive, and the weather was nice so my mom didn't freak out too bad. The funeral was on Tuesday so we wanted to make sure we were there with plenty of time to spare. The service was beautiful! Lots of emotion, and the spirit was very strong.










Ralph, and Betty Keller
Forever my heros.


We stayed to visit for a while, and then headed down to Provo. On the way to our hotel in Provo, we stopped at the store and bought some decorations, and wrapping paper to prepare for Isabel's 4th birthday. After the kids fell asleep we decorated the hotel room.











Decorations and presents.



Isabel was so excited when she woke up and found she had her very own little party in the hotel room.
Here's a cute dress and toys from Grandmama', and Papa Joe.
(Thanks for sending this package. Isabel was so excited to receive something in the mail.)

While in Provo we also got to go to see the Toiaivao's and Atuaia's. Tawnya offered to make cup cakes before we even knew what was going on, so I said o.k. Thanks to her cupcakes, and Sara's house, we had an awesome party for Isabel with great friends, and great food.

Thanks Provo family for always being there for us.

Wow!!! this is getting long. So after the shortest visit ever in Provo, we had to get back on the road to New Harmony. You see we had invited some friends to spend the weekend with us at my parents house before the week got crazy. Instead of canceling, we kept the party rockin'. We had invited the Waites, and the Crooks, but Crooks couldn't make it (boo-hoo) so was just us, the Waites, and the folks of course. Believe it or not.... we had another birthday cake for sweet Izzy. Mavis and her family came up to celebrate with us too. (what a spoiled child!)


While visiting for Isabel's birthday, the Waites also got to enjoy some quad riding, and nerts playing. We had a blast!
























Ben just had to pick his nose














Now that it's over I can not believe it all happened in just one week. I am exhausted. I wouldn't have changed anything though. We always have a good time with my parents, and it's even more fun when my good friends are involved.

3 comments:

ZAC said...

I love the pink Y hat! I want it!

Washington Family said...

How is it that your parents look the exact same from when,....ten years ago??! They are adorable. I quess in a way the couple that baptized you are my heroes also. I know that it was by your example from camp that I wouldn't be where I am too. I mean that. You and Annie, my cussinz!

Veater Family said...

Wow, that is a crazy week! That is always fun once in a while. I know that when someone dies it makes us stronger because now they are up there rooting us on to do what is right.