Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Max's Order of the Arrow August 9-13

About 2 weeks ago at our ward's scout camp, Max was elected to go to another scout camp to try and earn a special Order of the Arrow award.
Max was hesitant to go because he didn't know anyone else who would be going. After a little nudge from Reece and I, he agreed to go and try.
As I signed him up online, there were no real instructions. All we knew was for a whole night and day Max would not be able to talk to anyone, and that he would have to sleep by himself without a tent, so I became a little concerned. Reece reassured me that he would be fine, so I put all my trust in the Lord to watch over my sweet, getting too big too fast, young man as he set off to camp.
As the week went on all of us were praying for Max that he would be safe and watched over. There wasn't a day that went by that I didn't wonder how he was, and if he was happy. I missed him more than I ever have.  After the 5 days Reece went to pick him up and we were all anxious to see him.
I was at an activity when he got home, so when I finally got to come home to see him I was greeted with a sunburnt, peeling, dirty, smile from ear to ear boy, who was just as excited to see me as I was to see him.  I sat next to him for about an hour as he excitedly told me all about his week, and how he overcame his fears and ended up enjoying every second of his adventure.
I'm so proud of this young man and the determination he has to accomplish great things in life.


Maximus David Charles Blackwell!

No comments: