Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Donut Falls... Nope August 10th

What an interesting day.
Max was at scout camp so me and the other two lovelies went out for an explore.
I had my heart set on getting to Donut Falls up Big Cottenwood canyon, so we hopped in the car and set off to find the trail. Upon arrival, I'm guessing I wasn't paying very close attention because about half way up the trail we reached a sign that said: Dog Lake- .6 miles, and Desolation Lake- 1.9 miles.
Ummmmm... where is Donut Falls, I thought. 
Oh well, let's go for Dog Lake considering we've already been hiking for about 2 miles.
Although not what we had planned, the hike was still gorgeous. It was a mostly shaded trail, and there were wildflowers and Christmas trees along the way, so I was happy.
And guess what... There were dogs at the lake ;)








 
 In the end, we had a fun explore.
Maybe next week we will go back and find Donut Falls.

No comments: