I have always wanted to go hike up to squaw peak, and so today when no one wanted to come play with me, I decided to go for a run. I didn't know where exactly I was headed, but I knew it would be good exercise! I drove up through the Provo Canyon, and then on to Squaw Peak road. The weather was overcast and clear all at once. The temperature sent a chill of exuberance through me as I drove, windows down, along the curves of the mountain side. After driving for a while, I came to a look-out spot where I parked my car and looked for a trail head. I found something that looked like an adventure, and headed on my way. It turns out I was probably on a bike trail, as I crossed paths with several mountain bikers, but it was still gorgeous. At one point the trail led through an open field where the dry grass was as tall as my waist, and I ran with my hands outstretched to feel the blades graze my fingertips. The breeze was delightful, and caressed the beads of sweat that dripped off of me as I pushed along up the hill. I finally reached a point that felt like a good turn around. I'm not sure where I was exactly, but I felt accomplished as I peered out over the valley. A wonderful day on a fun trail for sure!



No comments:
Post a Comment