A question I often ask myself is: Does my Spirit govern my body, or does my body control my Spirit?
Lately, I have felt that my moderate addiction to treats leads me to an answer I don't like. I feel a slave to the lack of control I have over my appetite. I know that eating is part of every day, but I often feel that I have no control, and no control seems to fall in the category of allowing my body to control my Spirit.
After having gone one month without drinking soda, a few days ago I decided that I wouldn't eat treats for a while. Maybe I would never eat treats again!?
That seems a little far fetched! I would, however, like to allow my Spirit the opportunity to govern my body. So... I will abstain from treats until I feel that I can show a little restraint when there is a pan of brownies on the counter.
I have started to make healthier choices, such as this lovely salad:
I have relied completely on my Father in Heaven, and through His Spirit I have gained incredible strength. We know that when we have the desire, He can make that desire work within us as long as we are willing to put forth the work. I am ready to do the work, and I have seen His hand in hushing my addiction. I love the thought that I am trying to allow my Spirit the ability to govern this mortal flesh. I'm grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who is willing to take my hand and guide me!

No comments:
Post a Comment