Friday, June 17, 2011

long time gone

It seems like when there is nothing to blog about, I have plenty of time, and then I start getting busy, and there's not a second in the day for an update.
So here it is try not to give up half way through

Max and Isabel had a field day at thier school.  One of the things I got to see were the races.
Here's Isabel who was not paying attention, and didn't start on time, so she didn't get a ribbon.  Did the world end? Just for a short while, but then she forgot about it.


Next is Max, and he placed 2nd overall for the 2nd grade boys. He and his good friend Tommy really battled it out


 
After field day, I pulled the kids out of school early, and we headed down south.  My mom offered to watch my kids so I could go down to Vegas and spend some time with Reece who was there for a conference.
Before heading down to Vegas I got to spend some time.  We went to see Mavis and the girls. 
St. george is always fun, when Mavis brings you to the best parks in the town!  Thanks May!

 










Next up... the mud run
The kids got to participate in an exciting race where they could run and get dirty,
they loved it!


 On your marks..


 Joe got to the point where he decided that he was not going to be getting dirty, so he ran away from me up onto the hill.
My three little mud-buds
 Max was so dirty!

 Here's Isabel still looking beautiful covered in mud.  (Just a side note... Izzy still ran this race even though she had been barfing earlier that morning.  What a little trooper!)  She also got a medal for 3rd place in her group.  Go Izzy!
Thank you dad and mom for helping the kids have an amazing weekend!


Next up is St. George.  Which was just this past weekend so I'm almost caught up
We went down for my cousin Lauren's wedding.  While at Grandma's house we got to play capture the flag, and before the game the kids got to pet a little white bunny.

and the winner is...
Mom and the boys!  Woohoo.


So next we have the beautiful wedding.

Here's the happy couple
Greg and Lauren
 the crazy kids (plus grams)
 silly boys
 and my pretty girl
The wedding was very nice, and we wish Lauren and Greg the best in their new life together!


Next up:

THE DIG
Monday morning we were out to Fort Harmony to help with an archealogical dig.  We were helping to sift through the dirt at the old fort, looking for hidden treasures.  Mostly rocks but there were a few little treasures to be found.  Max found a bone of some sort that he was pretty proud of.
Any who, here's the flags raised after the flag ceremony with the kolob fingers in the background
 My hard working excavators
 Some of the other helpers
 Max was working a hand held shaker
 and here's my little Joe-Budah, doin' what he does best...
... Just bein' cute!

Well that's it for this time, I'll blog one more event tomorrow, and then I'll be all caught up with my crazy life.

1 comment:

Alisha and Braeden said...

Looks like an eventful fun summer so far! Hope to see you guys sometime soon! Call us whenever you guys come down.