Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The great pumpkin carve

These cute kids have been waiting for days to carve their pumpkins. Tonight was finally the night. Reece was home in good time, and we had a small gap of time when neither one of us had something else going on. The kids were so excited, and Joe was more than happy to sit in his chair to watch. Both kids wanted a spectacular design, but both were persuaded to go traditional. Here's some photos:













Both Max and Isabel were hesitant to stick their hands into the goo. I told them that if they ever wanted to carve pumpkins again that they better be willing to get a little dirty. They both dug right in after that.They did a good job, but Reece and I did have to help a little bit.














Lil Joe
Princess Bell
Big Max
So glad that we were able to squeeze in that 30 min. of pumpkin time. It was great fun!

4 comments:

Casseron said...

It looks like you found your camera! YAY! I'm glad to see you guys are doing well up north! Hopefully, we'll see you soon!

Washington Family said...

SO fun! We hope to do ours Friday or Saturday. We'll see! I love Max's face in the last picture!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun! We still need to find the time to do ours. Dan works all the time but hopefully we will get ours done before Halloween.

So Many M's said...

Are those the field trip pumpkins? Small pumpkins make carving go sooo much faster, what was I thinking?