Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Good morning Jo-Jo

I feel blessed to be a mother. It feels like my life is molded to the same routine each day. This morning I was pleasantly surprised to wake up to the voice of my baby boy standing by my bed saying "momeee." As usual I picked him up into my comfy bed to give him some loves. Today was different, a good different, none the less different. Usually I give him loves, and he squirms to get down....today, he stayed and snuggled with me. I cupped him into the crook of my arm, and pulled the blankets up to our chins. Joseph placed his thumb in his mouth, and the other hand proceeded to squeeze around my neck. My heart melted, and I just enjoyed a moment of pure peace, and the innocent love of my little babe. I take for granted the joy of motherhood, but this morning I was overwhelmed by the peace which can be felt by the love from my children.

Sweet child!

3 comments:

Ryan and Laura said...

LOVE IT! Look at you being my optomist. Needed it today. You are a great mom. We got the go-ahead from work for Sept. 19th...are you game? Hope we get to see your face soon!!

Kolob Canyon Realtor said...

Thank you for sharing such a tender time. Love MOM PS at least he wasn't standing there with blood all over his finger!

Shannon said...

This is the sweetest post I have ever read! I love it-you are so amazing! I'll keep learning from you cous!