Saturday, August 22, 2009

First day of School

Maximus David Charles Blackwell.
August 20th 2009: Enter the 1st grade.
Max was so excited to start school this past Thursday. He woke up at the crack of dawn, and said, "mom, I'm all ready will you make my lunch please?" I responded by first looking at the clock, and than mumbling..."go back to bed son." I love that Max was so excited, and my goal for the days, weeks, and months to come, is to be just as excited as him.

My handsome boy:
Here is his school: Hillcrest Elementary. Which is conveniently located 2 blocks from our house. I love it! When I took Max into his classroom, he was very anxious for me to leave, but he did let me take one last picture.I thought it would be a relief when Max started a full day at school...I actually am miserable. I miss him terribly, and can't wait until 3:30 rolls around so we can go pick him up. I love my little boy, who's actually not so little any more.

5 comments:

Ryan and Laura said...

Aww! I miss him for you too. Tell me that Tyler will never leave me for a full day :( I'm sure he's still just as brilliant and head of his class. Miss you guys!

Veater Family said...

(tear) My baby boy Jacob starts the 1st grade on Aug 31st. I will cherish the week I have left with him :)

Rachael said...

Awe! I'm in tears for ya! I remember these times wait till 5th grade!! You're standing there alone watching them run off and this time they don't look back like they used to! hecka sad! ;)

So Many M's said...

How fun you have a blog. I think I am opposite of you. I am so excited for Morgan to be in full day, and apparently so is she. I haven't heard one gripe. However, my house is sooooo quiet with so many of mine gone, oh well, time to get use to that I suppose. Hope Isabelle has a blast in preschool, Micah loved it.

Kolob Canyon Realtor said...

Hi Honey,

I was looking for pictures of Isabel's first day of school.

Love MOM and DAD