Thursday, May 7, 2009

O.k., so we had a going away party in Henderson on Thursday night. I wanted to have fun with everyone before we left, and we had a blast with a lot of our friends. I took a few random pictures:












































































All right so Friday morning we picked up the moving truck, and got started with the packing. With my dad in charge, all the big stuff was done in about 2 hours. (thanks to a few moving helpers :) ) My mom was an amazing help in the cleaning dept. I think she did non-stop cleaning for like 8 hours. Awesome!(besides my mom I did have a few little cleaning helpers, thank you.) We were planning on staying one more night in Henderson, but we finished packing, and cleaning by about 6:30 - 7:00. I walked one last time through the house, and remembered all the good times spent in our home. (yes I did shed a tear, one of the rare occasions) We then went to pick up our kids from a dear friends house ;) , and headed up to my folks house. Sat. morning we went to Mavis' house for Mayle's frist b-day party, and then at about 1:30 started our trip to Orem. It was a long drive but we finally did arrive, and the race was on. We have some really good friends that were ready to help us unload right when we arrived. I think the truck was unloaded faster then any unload I've ever been a part of. Unfortunately, my temper got the best of me and I blew up at my dad. In hind site, I can see that he was just trying to be efficient, but that day I really let him have it. Good thing he has the same temper I do, and has probably already forgot about it.
So now, after about 4 days of unpacking boxes, I am done. Just about everything has it's place, and we are loving our new temporary living quarters. Here's a few more pictures of the house.

Upstairs:
One side of the office is mine the other is for Maurice. Kinda nice.



Downstairs:Well, this is just the beginning of our new chapter, and there will be many more stories to come. Good night room, good night moon, good night mouse, good night house.

2 comments:

Heather said...

the house looks wonderful. we miss you though!

Ryan and Laura said...

oh man- you really moved? I thought this was all a joke. :) It was good to talk to you yesterday. Hope your kiddos are doing well too. We miss you guys!