Sunday, November 5, 2017

October YW Activities

I recently got a new calling in our ward. I am the YW secratary and camp director.
Because our group is so small, I get to go in with the YW on Sundays and to the activities on Wednesday nights.
Just wanted to highlight some of the things we got to do in October...

First, we went to the Bishop's storehouse.
We got to grab supplies for the big warehouse in the back and bring them up to the front and restock the "store."  As we worked I watched the dedication of the girls to get work done but also saw smiles on their faces. I can only imagine that the smiles were due to the joy they felt in their hearts knowing that they were doing a huge service for those in need.



Next, and this is a little gory, but we had a friend of Isabel's come in and teach us how to do some cool Halloween makeup techniques.
This is my finger...

And this is Isabel's face



Another thing we were able to do in October was attend a viewing of the life-size tabernacle that they have set up at B.Y.U. 
The YW president, Kathy Minster, was able to score some tickets from her husband who works on campus. Otherwise this venue is completely sold out. We were so lucky to have been able to go.  I found it completely captivating.
The girls were on fall break from school and seemed a little tired in this picture, but I promise they had a good time.
 Isabel in the courtyard of the tabernacle
 Here we are inside the tabernacle before entering the holy of holies
 And this is the Arch of the Covenant inside the holy of holies.
Kinda cool.
Such a fun month!

No comments: