Monday, December 7, 2015

The Halloween Costume October 23rd through 29th (here and there)

Isabel wanted to be Cinderella for Halloween this year. I decided that it would be a great time to learn how to sew.   HA!   This was the never-ending project. I'm just glad it looked half way decent when it was finished.
My friend DaNae's sister, helped me cut out the pattern. Then I sewed the pieces together, and prayed I did it right. I did have to take out a few stitches, but eventually I got it.
Next came the sparkle-fest. The tulle for the skirt was loaded with sparkle power, and I was pinning for days to get just the right look.


 Turns out, I was supposed to sew the skirt on before putting in the zipper, but I like to do things the hard way, so I did the zipper first. I have heard horror stories about zippers so I was a bit nervous. Come to find out... I'm a zipper expert! Hahaha. After installing a near perfect zipper, I sewed the top onto the skirt.... backwards! IDIOT!  

Finished product:


Not too shabby.

No comments: