Sunday, November 27, 2016

Chocolate Ice Cream Sep.

Wasn't sure quite what to say about this photo.
I'll start out by saying that the ONLY way to study is with a bowl of chocolate ice cream by your side.

Next, I'll explain that my continuing education is always a part of my thoughts.  As a student of the BYUI online degree program I decided to take 2 classes Fall semester. I enrolled in an English course and an American Foundations course. Both classes that I have a hidden passion for, but both classes whose workload had an extreme amount of reading involved. Reading is not one of my talents.
So, as time went on, (about 3 or 4 weeks in,) I realized that I was having some severe anxiety about managing my time. I was so engrossed in learning that I was pushing everything else in my life to the side. This included my family and my dedication to my service at church. Two things that usually come before everything for me. The more I thought about it the more I felt that maybe now was not the right time to continue my education. I couldn't understand why it wouldn't feel right when just a few months before, when I signed up, it felt so right.
I kept praying for guidance on what to do, and tried to make sense of the answer that told me to stop.  After a long weekend I called the school, and dropped my classes. 
I felt an immediate sense of relief mixed with the discouragement of letting go of something that was so important to me.  I continued to search for an answer to my mixed emotions. After speaking with the Lord and a few friends I came to some conclusions that I will spare my fingers to type. Basically, I was able to see the Lord's hand in the whole process, and feel at complete peace with the decision. 
I am grateful for the knowledge I have that when I have questions, I know where to find the answers.
I love learning,
I love chocolate ice cream,
and
I love the Lord!

No comments: