We were blessed this holiday season to have some elves deliver presents to us on the 12 days before Christmas. We were astonished each night as we found a new treasure on our door steps. We are extremely grateful to whom ever it was that brought us such joy.
1st day: Decorated Christmas Tree
Day 2: Warm home made bread with Jam
Day 3: Door wreath, it was real, and smelled amazing
4th: this night has no picture because I forgot, and because it was dug into upon arrival. We received a Christmas basket lined with a hand made blanket, filled with I.B.C. root beer, popcorn, and the movie "It's a Wonderful Life."
Day 5: The forgotten Carols
day 6: A beautifully hand crafted gingerbread house
Day 7: Poinsettia
Day 8: Hot Cocoa and Marshmallows, with mugs.
I had to show this. The notes on all the gifts were creative and cute, but this was my favorite: The 9th night brought some mischief. Maurice and the children stayed posted at the door and front window to try and catch the "elves." To no surprise, they did not catch anyone. They're elves of course they have special powers. Maurice however did break the glass around this lovely candle as he flew out the door still trying to catch someone in the act. Silly boy!
Day 10: Mmm! Yummy Cinnamon Rolls
Day 11: Stockings filled to the brim with lots of goodies
Day 12: On the 12th night of Christmas we received wrapped gifts for the children and a sweet little Nativity reminding us of the birth of our Savior
I wanted to document this because it was one of the sweetest things anyone has ever done for us. We will always remember this, and be forever grateful for the spirit it brought into our home this Christmas season!
3 comments:
That is so awesome! I bet the kids (and Reese) loved it ;) We had one random secret santa gift a few years ago and the boys thought it was the coolest thing ever. I love their ideas and the magnitude of the gifts. Hope you guys are doing well- your kids look so old to me. That means it has been way too long. Love you Blackwells!
Thanks Crooksie
How fun,
I want to be an elf. I hope you kept the notes, you know I am not cute and creative but I am great at coping.
Love MOM
Post a Comment